The supplementary area of the Bachelor's Degree Program in Applied Geography consists of courses that students can select from in the areas of
- academic writing and presenting like literature research, presentation, rhetoric and communication,
- foreign languages and/or
- courses offered by other faculties.
Grades of courses taken in the supplementary area are not included in the calculation of the overall grade of the Bachelor's degree program.
- Contact persons for all courses are only those located at the respective institutions
- Each institution has different registration procedures. Please apply early, as the number of placements are typically limited.
The following offers are available:
- Advanced Geography lectures
- Geography Colloquium, Colloquium-Form (PDF-Download)
- Information Technology Networks and Multimedia Technology:(web publishing, digital media, multimedia tools, organization of the Center for Learning and Knowledge Management, intended for 2nd semester students registration)
- Language Courses offered by the RWTH Aachen University Language Center. Language courses will generally be recognized with 3 CPs. Two language courses will be accepted.
- Scientific Reading and Writing: SS B.Sc. Georessourcenmanagement, capacity limited. For further information and to register please go to CAMPUS.
CPs and recognition of credits
At least 12 credit points must be acquired in the supplementary area of studies. Credit Points to be achieved:
- 1 CP for courses with proof of attendance
- 2 CPs for courses with examination
- 3 CPs for language courses
For courses to be recognized, students must submit a certificate after successful completion. This certificate has to contain the following information:
- Course title (German and English)
- Course type
- "Passed" comment