Management Assistant for Sports and Fitness
- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife
- Selection Process: application and interviews
- Personal Requirements: Good communication skills, interest in modern communications technology, enjoying working with people, organizational skills, team skills, close relations to sports science
- Aptitude Test: Yes. You must pass the test to continue on to the selection process.
- Length of Training: three years
- Professional Association: Chamber of Industry and Commerce Aachen
- Exam: mid exam and final exam
- Further Training: Management Assistant for Sports and Fitness, Management Assistant for Marketing, Sports Management, Sports Pedagogy, Sports Science
Sports and fitness clerks typically have administrative, organizational, and business reponsibilities in the business and organizational areas of sports clubs, associations, fitness and recreational companies, and public and private sports and fitness administration. Sports and fitness clerks develop concepts for sporting events and other ranges of services. They plan, coordinate, and organize marketing and health related events, carry them out, ensure the organizational process for daily business. In order for the sports company to run smoothly, you will provide sports equipment, goods, and services, contribute to the business management, and adapt human resources management processes and accounting transactions, do calculations, observe market activity, and create marketing concepts. In addition to statistically preparing data, you will be required to interpret and present data. Thus you will either need to know the necessary background information or acquire it. As a sports and fitness clerk you will provide information about sport offers or possibilties for a respective type of sport. You are the contact person for fitness and health, demonstrate how to use fitness equipment, and provide customers with info brochures. You will come into daily contact with other people and institutions, requiring you to draft, create, and relay tailored messages. You will also need to be able to work in a team and with customers.
Training takes place at the RWTH Aachen University Sports Center, in the RWTH Aachen Vocational Training Center (BAZ) and in selected business outside of RWTH.
Classes takes place two days a week at the Berufskolleg an der Lindenstraße, Lindenstraße 78, 50674 Cologne.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 986.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,040.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,090.61 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2018, 21 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year
Brief Information: Sports and Fitness Clerks (de)
(pdf: 152 kb)
Here you can find initial information at a glance!