- Secondary School-Leaving Certificate: Fachoberschulreife, applicants are exptcted to have good grades in Mathematics, Physics, and German
- Selection Process: application and interviews
- Personal Requirements: interest in experimental physics; conscientiousness; sense of responsibility; analytic, planning, and systematic thinking skills; interst in testing/inspecting activities;
- Aptitude Test: no
- Length of Training: 3.5 years
- Professional Association: Industrie- und Handelskammer Aachen
- Exam: mid exam and final exam
- Further Training: Universalhärterin und -härter
As a materials tester, your duties include investigating constituent materials for their suitability for processing, prior to the production process during the incoming goods inspection. You must precisely document the results in detailed lists or purchasing journals. You must recognize faulty parts and unsuitable materials from their properies. During the production process, you have the task of supervising the state of production in respective tests. Parts and materials recognizes as faulty must be discarded, scrapped, or amended. At the end of a production process is the final inspection, which takes place from all points of view. The purpose is check the quality and avoid compaints or even accidents due to faulty products. Here a straightforward implementation of testing standards and regulations is inevitable. Research and development is a large field of application for materials testers. There they accompany the status of the further development of materials and building components in the corresponding tests.
Practical training takes place in the respective university institution.
Vocation training courses take place two days a week at the Berufskolleg 16 der Stadt Köln, Karthäuser Wall 30, 50678 Cologne.
Salary, Job Ticket, and Vacation during Training
1st Training Year: 986.82 euros
2nd Training Year: 1,040.96 euros
3rd Training Year: 1,090.61 euros
4th Training Year: 1,159.51 euros
Contributions to capital formation: 13.29 euros
Job Ticket: starting January 1, 2018, 21 euros a month
Christmas Bonus: 95 percent of November salary
Vacation Days: 30 days a year
Brief Information: Materials Tester (de)
(pdf: 44 kb)
Here you can get initial information at a glance!
- Werkstoffprüfer FR Metalltechnik.pdf (pdf: 44 kb)